Chairlift - Does You Inspire You?


Fancycats Aaron, Patrick, and Caroline


Alright, this is Chairlift, a personal favorite of mine. I first found these cool cats through theSixtyOne,
I fell in love with them when I heard their most popular song, "Bruises." I looked more into the band
after that, a three person band. Two of the members, Aaron Pfenning (a very attractive boy~) and
Caroline Polachek (a lovely lady whom I may be in love with) started out in Boulder testing out some
music things. They were surprised how well things were going and headed east to see what they
could find. They were eventually picked up by Kanine Records (I think their third member joined
before. His name is Patrick Wimberly) Soon after signing onto Kanine Records, they were featured
on the iPod Nano commercial (Bruises was played, of course.)

Interesting to know, they met several up-and-coming bands as they worked their way to the top (not
to presuppose anything...) Their first release with Kanine was "Evident Utensil" which featured a
remix by MGMT. They've also worked alongside Yeasayer and Mixel Pixel.

So, the album.



Does You Inspire You was released in 2008. The first song on the list is Garbage. Not that it's bad,
it's actually quite good. Great opening to an album. It starts slow and leads into a series of
wonderful songs.

The tone of the CD tends to be on the sad side, but the songs can be uplifting. What I love about
Chairlift is their lyrics. They're fantastically absurd. I'm assuming they make sense to the creators,
but sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on. It's alright though, plenty of the songs are
completely understandable. Just some lines seem to be lost in translation. The music and beat still
get the point across.

Bruises still remains my favorite, but the album has plenty to offer. Look around for it all, I couldn't
find a good place for all of it. Good luck.

Bruises and Evident Utensil are available at thesixtyone for listening, though. No downloads.
(You could also scrounge around Youtube or any other site like that. They're popular enough.


~Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Cockmariners